Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Been Had

I am a person who has no business having two blogs. But I do. Why? Because one is for recording my deep and often captivating thoughts (that's this one, by the way.) The other, City Slicker on a Country Road, documents my amazing experiences as an Appalachian Mountain-girl wannabe.

Now, here is the hard part to admit in a public forum: neither one of my blogs is read by anyone. Well, hardly anyone. A big week for me is two hits.

So, this morning as I responded to an email from a friend who had commented on my recent blog entries, advising him he is one of my only readers, I got an email from Blogger. It was a comment to one my older blogs. From a complete stranger!

"You write very well," the person said. I couldn't believe my eyes! The timing was perfect. I quickly sent a p.s. to my friend and told him I now have two readers.

Then I went to the blog that was commented on, as I read it my head began to swell. It was pretty good. I modestly thanked the sender in the comments section. Then I decided to snoop. Who was this secret admirer?

It was an insurance company! Yep. The link to this person took me straight to a site that is all about the good deals that can be had if one purchases this particular brand of insurance.

I am deflated. I had to send a p.s. to my p.s. advising my friend he is back to being my only reader. What a let down.

4 comments:

Debbie Diesen said...

Well, I also think you write very well -- and I'm not an insurance company!!

Liza Martz said...

Thanks Debbie!

eluper said...

Hey, if you count me and Debbie Diesen you have two readers!!! Why don't you consolidate your two blogs? It'll double your traffic to 4! then post twice a week and you can count that as 8 hits/week!

Liza Martz said...

Gosh, Eric, I may have to try that - 8 hits a week would be off the charts for me.